This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any other applicable privacy and data protection regulations.
How we may collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, including:
- when you contact us by post, phone, email or social media;
- when we meet with you in person (for example when you provide us with your business card);
- during the course of provision of our services to you (or your employer);
- when you provide information to us in relation to your attendance at an event we host;
- in the course of you providing services to us;
- as part of “know-your-client” and anti-money laundering checks we are required by law to conduct;
- collecting publicly available information (for example from the website of your employer); and
- when we receive information from third parties (for example our clients or other professional advisors).
The kind of personal data that we may collect
The personal data that we collect and hold about you may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- your personal details (including, but not limited to, your name, email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers, professional qualifications, current and previous employers, and current and previous job titles;
- any correspondence or communications we have had with you;
- details of your attendance at, and participation in, any events or meetings hosted or arranged by us;
- details of the provision of any services from us to you; and
- details of your participation in any transactions arranged by us.
How we use personal data we collect
We may use your information to order to carry out the following:
- the provision of our services to you or a client;
- for the purpose of performance under a contract with you or your employer, or in relation to preparing to enter into a contract with you or your employer;
- to deal with any of your enquiries or requests to us;
- to provide investment research or investor marketing materials to you;
- to provide you with information about the services we provide, transactions we are arranging and events we are hosting;
- to ensure compliance with any applicable legal and professional requirements; and
- for our internal compliance purposes or where we have other legitimate interests.
Storage, retention, sharing and transfer of personal data
We will retain your personal data for the length of time necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was originally collected. Such length of time will vary depending on the purpose the personal data was collected for along with any regulatory, compliance or legal requirements.
We may share your personal data with certain third parties who process information on our behalf, including, but not limited to:
- IT, data storage and cloud hosting providers;
- financial intermediaries and insurers; and
- other professional advisors such as accountants, lawyers or other consultants.
Such third parties are required by us to take commercially reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal data and to only process personal data as instructed by us. We may also disclose your personal data to a regulator or other law enforcement body if required to do so by law.
In some circumstances we may use the services of third parties located outside the European Economic Area to process your personal data. In such cases we will take reasonably commercial steps to ensure any such third parties provide an adequate degree of protection.
Website and cookies
Under GDPR, you have certain rights to request a copy of, correction to, erasure of and the transfer of your personal data, among other rights.
In situations where you have provided your consent for the collection and processing of your personal data for a specific purpose you have the right to withdraw that consent. You can also change your preferences for receiving emails by contacting us by e-mail to the Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address given below.
In the course of the exercise of these rights, we may require you to provide us with specific information in order to verify your identity to ensure that personal information is not disclosed inappropriately.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any updates to this privacy notice will be posted to the privacy notice section of our website, www.pcorpfin.com.
If you have any queries regarding this privacy notice or the collection of processing of your personal data, or wish to change your e-mail preferences, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 20 7469 0930.